As part of industry outreach efforts – and in coordination with the Manufacturing USA institutes – Industrial Policy facilitates and supports the development of STEM-oriented industrial capabilities in current and emerging manufacturing technologies within the defense industrial base.
Through these efforts, Industrial Policy seeks to enhance U.S industrial competitiveness in the manufacturing technology space by addressing workforce challenges with industry and STEM-orientated education.
- Leads Department of Defense (DoD) workforce development efforts across the Manufacturing USA institutes
- Actively participates with the DoD Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics (STEM) Executive Board and working group
- Supports veteran transition programs within the DoD and with other government agencies
- Facilitates the development of relationships among industry, other DoD agencies, and civilian agencies around STEM capability and workforce development in manufacturing
- Develops training and education opportunities with the Defense Acquisition University around BBP 3.0
Brennan Hogan Grignon, Program Director