Industrial Policy is the principal advisor to the Under Secretary of Defense for Acquisition and Sustainment for:
- Developing DoD policies for the maintenance of the U.S. defense industrial base
- Executing small business programs and policy
- Conducting geo-economic analysis and assessments
- Providing recommendations on budget matters related to the defense industrial base
- Anticipating and closing gaps in manufacturing capabilities for defense systems
- Assessing impacts related to mergers, acquisitions, and divestitures
- Monitoring and assessing impact of foreign investments in the United States
- Executing authorities under Sections 2501 and 2505 U.S.C. Title 10
The office also plays a critical role in representing DoD interests on interagency committees regarding business and economic issues relevant to national security.
Click here to find out more about the Under Secretary of Defense (Acquisition and Sustainment).